Vinyl, 2×LPOut of stock
- Limited edition pressing
- Housed inside a gatefold sleeve
- Previously released on CD as part of Box Of Silk And Dogs
Staalplaat return to the archive of late-period Muslimgauze with this first vinyl edition of Ingaza, originally released in 1999 as part of the Box Of Silk And Dogs 9 x CD compilation set. Ingaza is a rich tapestry of hip-hop collages, breakcore beats, minimal electronics and even some Ice Cream Records 4x4 garage house!!
Following on from the recent years' run of stellar and well worth tracking down Staalplaat Muslimgauze vinyl editions, a series that has so far given us the n0!se assault of 'Ali Zarin', the fractured skull jungle of 'Uzbekistani Bizzare and Souk' and the techno-crush of 'Mullah Said', Ingaza is the album that best represents the moodier tempos and percussion focused side to the Muslimgauze discography, managing to take on new modes of hip-hop, UK garage, Panasonic style reductions (who unknown to most, actually remixed Muslimgauze three years prior to the release of Ingaza), deep techno and towards the end, some proper crawling slowed down funk.
For an artist so prolific who would often claim to only be influenced by his own material, it's only when you listen to albums like this one that you truly get a grasp on how many different sounds, styles, and genres Muslimgauze managed to twist into his own productions seemingly without even knowing it! From the Warp styled D&B of 'Hand Of Henna' and 'Moonshi', 'Sacrifice Pit’ which could be Substance & Vainquer on holiday in North Manchester, to the absolute class house rhythms of 'Kumari' which we could easily see turning up in a Bicep mix. While people who know the Muslimgauze catalogue will no doubt obsess over Ingaza, we really can't think of a better entry point for newcomers to his music. Ingaza shows the true breadth of the Muslimgauze sound, instantly accessible on many accounts, yet mind-blowingly expansive when you think that it was all recorded on drum machines, old synths, and percussion, all combined in a traditional way, without any computer assistance.
- 1 Meesur Muslimgauze 4:58
- 2 Satsooma Muslimgauze 5:52
- 3 Pen Your Atlas, And Find Kurdistan Muslimgauze 0:29
- 4 Divotee, Lie With The Dogs Muslimgauze 4:01
- 5 Baljit With Copper Wire Muslimgauze 2:04
- 6 Silk And Mint. Muslimgauze 2:00
- 7 Kumari Muslimgauze 2:00
- 8 Banjari Muslimgauze 3:51
- 9 Sacrifice Pit Muslimgauze 5:27
- 10 Sandblind Muslimgauze 2:00
- David Behrman, Paul DeMarinis, Fern Friedman, Terri Hanlon and Anne Klingensmith
- She's More Wild...
- Black Truffle
- Catalogue Number