London outfit Old Apparatus first broke on to the scene way back in 2011 via Deep Medi. The experimental music press, justifiably, got very excited. One of its members was Asher Levitas a solo artist who has since released records on his own label Sullen Tone and in the collaboration with Linn Carin Dirdal as Saa. Here on his debut for Planet Mu, Levitas explores heavy themes of anxiety, sleep paralysis, calm and chaos. The sonics meanwhile play on notions of nightmarish heavy-drone, power ambient, gauzy piano music and crunchy dub-percussion. Tipped for followers of Tri Angle crew (Vessel, Haxan Cloak, Roly Porter), Demdike Stare, Vex’d/Kuedo.
This item is not in stock, but is available from our suppliers. Estimated shipping in 14 days.
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 Withdrawn 2:50 Asher Levitas Buy
- 2 In The Eyes 3:56 Asher Levitas Buy
- 3 Sheathe 3:46 Asher Levitas Buy
- 4 Waiting By An Open Door 3:15 Asher Levitas Buy
- 5 Strongest Bonds 5:52 Asher Levitas Buy
- 6 Blessed Mother 3:29 Asher Levitas Buy
- 7 Premature Exit 6:05 Asher Levitas Buy
- 8 Anticipating Violence 3:48 Asher Levitas Buy
- Autobiography (Music from Wayne McGregor's Autobiography)
- Planet Mu
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- September 2018