Brussels-based producer Aymeric De Tapol returns to Vlek with his second EP entitled Les Horizons. Differing from the shimmering, Celer-esque blanket drones of the artist’s previous Winter Dance EP, Les Horizons aligns its focus to simplistic, modular-styled rhythm in a similar vein to Charles Cohen’s buchla works on Morphine, seen on opener ‘4H23’ and eerie, minimalistic piece ‘Les Attractions’. However, we are offered a pair of monolithic, beatless drones on ‘Un Mirage’ and ‘Fin De Soiree’, yet these pieces swap move away from the warm, enveloping expanse of the first release in favour of stark, ominous environments with unsettling detailing.
- Limited to 300 copies
- Housed in a specially designed sleeve by Dimitri Runkkari,
- Featuring an 8-pass letterpressed cover
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 4H23 6:13 Aymeric De Tapol Buy
- 2 Un Mirage 3:39 Aymeric De Tapol Buy
- 3 Les Horizons 11:27 Aymeric De Tapol Buy
- 4 Le Lac 1:13 Aymeric De Tapol Buy
- 5 Rayon Vert 4:18 Aymeric De Tapol Buy
- 6 Les Attractions 7:07 Aymeric De Tapol Buy
- 7 Fin de Soirée 8:15 Aymeric De Tapol Buy