Vlek Records present the follow-up to Lawrence Le Doux’s well-received Music For Documentaries LP. Being back at his long-time home of Vlek, the Belgian producer is clearly in his comfort-zone as he delivers seven chirpy cuts that sit neatly alongside his previous releases on the label. Across Host, Le Doux’s style touches on Kosmische, Balearic house, dub-electro, library soundtracks and tropicalia while resisting firm categorisation. For every perky jam like ‘Calypso Romantic’ we get a zany dancefloor experiment like ‘Tronf 424 (Tape #2)’. Le Doux’s trick is that his brand of electro is so friendly and likeable that he makes the sonic disparity work.
In stock, shipping now.
WAV / FLAC$7.99
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 Je Reve Xanadou 3:14 Lawrence Le Doux Buy
- 2 Espace Bleue 3:44 Lawrence Le Doux Buy
- 3 Fabiola Riddim 3:41 Lawrence Le Doux Buy
- 4 Digital Butterfly 4:27 Lawrence Le Doux Buy
- 5 Tronf 424 (Tape #2) 5:31 Lawrence Le Doux Buy
- 6 Calypso Romantic 4:13 Lawrence Le Doux Buy
- 7 Envelope 2:57 Lawrence Le Doux Buy