As ever the latest release from techno veterans Pom Pom arrives shrouded in mystery. Untitled II is comprised of live takes, but we’re not sure where or when those takes were laid down. What we can say is that Untitled II represents a shift of gear from 2018’s Ostgut Ton debut Untitled. In general the tracks here are more cautious and freeform, and many leave the dancefloor behind in search of altogether more abstract pastures. Closer ‘Untitled 13’, for instance, is a pastoral bleepscape in the manner of Four Tet’s early work, while ‘Untitled 8’ could pass for golden-age John Carpenter. Mind you, there are still a few choice club morsels among the track listing here - see the unusually optimistic, Panorama Bar-ready ‘Untitled 12’ on this count.
In stock, shipping now.
WAV / FLAC$11.99
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 Untitled 6 4:37 Pom Pom Buy
- 2 Untitled 7 6:36 Pom Pom Buy
- 3 Untitled 8 2:36 Pom Pom Buy
- 4 Untitled 9 4:58 Pom Pom Buy
- 5 Untitled 10 7:06 Pom Pom Buy
- 6 Untitled 11 2:40 Pom Pom Buy
- 7 Untitled 12 4:43 Pom Pom Buy
- 8 Untitled 13 5:00 Pom Pom Buy
- Oren Ambarchi / Konrad Sprenger / Phillip Sollmann
- Panama / Suez
- Catalogue Number
- A-Ton EP 01 digital