Lars Meijer drops his third LP as Hunter Complex a full six years after the last one. The Dutch electronics veteran and Narrowminded Records boss clearly took his time when making Open Sea, and the care he put into this record has paid off in spades. This is a dense album of synthwave and retro electronics. Going by track titles alone you would expect numbers like ‘Night City’, ‘We Fought For America’ and ‘The Heart Of High Places’ to sound like they’d been nicked from an 80’s action movie OST, and their clattering programmed drums and burbling basslines more than deliver on that promise. Italians Do It Better is an obvious comparison for Open Sea, though its home of Death Waltz Originals is just as fitting.
In stock, shipping now.
- 1 Night City 3:40 Hunter Complex Buy
- 2 The Heart of High Places 4:03 Hunter Complex Buy
- 3 Chase Manhattan 4:31 Hunter Complex Buy
- 4 We Fought For America 3:24 Hunter Complex Buy
- 5 Crows Zero 4:31 Hunter Complex Buy
- 6 White Water 5:09 Hunter Complex Buy
- 7 A Float For a Marker 4:11 Hunter Complex Buy
- 8 Original Vision 3:33 Hunter Complex Buy
- 9 White Sunlight 2:46 Hunter Complex Buy
- 10 Account of the Moon 4:42 Hunter Complex Buy