Meg Remy continues to blaze a trail on her sixth U.S. Girls LP. Teaming up with long-standing collaborators Maxmilian Turnball and Louis Percival as well as Toronto instrumentalists The Cosmic Range, Remy and her team channel a wide array of influences through these eleven entries. The result is a protean LP in the vein of Beck’s Odelay or St. Vincent’s Strange Mercy - shape-shifting and risk-taking, yet all done with a single-minded focus. The coherence derives in large part from Remy’s commanding presence and impassioned, calculated character studies. Be she discussing female self-protection over the Gainsbourg-esque ‘Velvet 4 Sale’ or preaching pacifism to the disco groove of ‘M.A.H.’, Remy carries this album.
Out of Stock
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 Velvet 4 Sale 3:44 U.S. Girls Buy
- 2 Rage of Plastics 4:27 U.S. Girls Buy
- 3 M.A.H. 2:54 U.S. Girls Buy
- 4 Why Do I Lose My Voice When I Have Something to Say 0:25 U.S. Girls Buy
- 5 Rosebud 3:09 U.S. Girls Buy
- 6 Incidental Boogie 3:23 U.S. Girls Buy
- 7 L-Over 4:05 U.S. Girls Buy
- 8 Pearly Gates 4:02 U.S. Girls Buy
- 9 Poem 3:30 U.S. Girls Buy
- 10 Traviata 0:12 U.S. Girls Buy
- 11 Time 7:48 U.S. Girls Buy