Meg Remy continues to blaze a trail on her sixth U.S. Girls LP. Teaming up with long-standing collaborators Maxmilian Turnball and Louis Percival as well as Toronto instrumentalists The Cosmic Range, Remy and her team channel a wide array of influences through these eleven entries. The result is a protean LP in the vein of Beck’s Odelay or St. Vincent’s Strange Mercy - shape-shifting and risk-taking, yet all done with a single-minded focus. The coherence derives in large part from Remy’s commanding presence and impassioned, calculated character studies. Be she discussing female self-protection over the Gainsbourg-esque ‘Velvet 4 Sale’ or preaching pacifism to the disco groove of ‘M.A.H.’, Remy carries this album.
Out of stock
This item is not in stock, but is available from our suppliers. Estimated shipping in 14 days.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 Velvet 4 Sale 3:44 U.S. Girls Buy
- 2 Rage of Plastics 4:27 U.S. Girls Buy
- 3 M.A.H. 2:54 U.S. Girls Buy
- 4 Why Do I Lose My Voice When I Have Something to Say 0:25 U.S. Girls Buy
- 5 Rosebud 3:09 U.S. Girls Buy
- 6 Incidental Boogie 3:23 U.S. Girls Buy
- 7 L-Over 4:05 U.S. Girls Buy
- 8 Pearly Gates 4:02 U.S. Girls Buy
- 9 Poem 3:30 U.S. Girls Buy
- 10 Traviata 0:12 U.S. Girls Buy
- 11 Time 7:48 U.S. Girls Buy