City Slang front the fourth LP from Swedish auteur Anna von Hausswolff. For Dead Magic, think Let Love In-era Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds if the group had developed a taste for drone and post-rock. Twelve-minute opener sets the scene for what is a grandiose and uncompromising LP. Beginning with a murky fug of church organ, the track grows into a bombastic hymnal before collapsing into a muck of distortion and reverb reminiscent of Sunn O))). Tracks like ‘The Mysterious Vanishing Of Electra’ distill the balladeer side of von Hausswolf’s oeuvre into stormy Southern Gothicism. von Hausswolff stands at the centre of the LP, her strong vocals anchoring the work of her band.
In stock. Shipping now.
Stock on order, expected soon.
- 1 The Truth, The Glow, The Fall 12:07 Anna Von Hausswolff
- 2 The Mysterious Vanishing of Electra 6:08 Anna Von Hausswolff Buy
- 3 Ugly and Vengeful 16:17 Anna Von Hausswolff
- 4 The Marble Eye 5:18 Anna Von Hausswolff Buy
- 5 Källans återuppståndelse 7:26 Anna Von Hausswolff Buy