Vancouver based composer follows on from last year’s Centres LP with an unusual offering for 130701. Taking six pieces from Centres, he works them down by reshaping the tracks into something far more minimal and reductive - essentially rendering them as predominantly acoustic. The sparseness works in Craig’s favour, giving tracks like the eight minute ‘Contain’ a strikingly ethereal edge. Whether you are familiar with these pieces of music in their original context or not, we recommend giving this a moment of your time! Original outsider folk with prime piano work and tape manipulation to boot.
In stock. Shipping now.
- 1 Arrive, Arrive 3:59 Ian William Craig Buy
- 2 The Nearness 5:53 Ian William Craig Buy
- 3 A Single Hope 6:06 Ian William Craig Buy
- 4 Purpose (Is No Country) 2:42 Ian William Craig Buy
- 5 Contain 8:01 Ian William Craig Buy
- 6 Set to Lapse 4:04 Ian William Craig Buy