- Heavyweight gatefold vinyl
- Bonus pink 12"
- One-sided etched 7"
- Full album on CD
- Limited cassette version of the album
- Download, redeemable from the label
- 300x300mm 40 page photographic hardback book
- 2x12" art prints
Box Set, Vinyl Box SetOut of stock
Vinyl, 1×LPOut of stock
1 x LP
In stock, shipping now.
Glasgow five piece Mogwai unveil new album 'RAVE TAPES', their first official LP since the revered 2011 release 'Hardcore Will Never Die But You Will'. It's an album that does not deviate too much from what they have done before - the title is, as is often the case with Mogwai, misleading - but rather develops and fine tunes their aesthetic for a characteristically powerful and heavy set of songs. Opening with the languid guitar landscape of 'Heard About You Last Night', it's an album that sprawls out and pulls a listener in. The twisting guitars of 'Hexon Bogon' crash and squall with the kind of visceral and desperate melancholy that only Mogwai can really conjure, while 'Master Card' employs spiky, shaper guitar work for a track that will grate potently on the brain. There's an increasing focus on electronics at play too, with 'Remurdered' a solemn strut of undulating synthesizer and a steady beat that grows and grows like a faraway snapshot of the rave of the album's title. Overall it's a powerful addition to a great band's catalogue that is just as necessary as any of their previous work.
- 1 Heard About You Last Night 5:24 Mogwai Buy
- 2 Simon Ferocious 4:49 Mogwai Buy
- 3 Remurdered 6:25 Mogwai Buy
- 4 Hexon Bogon 2:35 Mogwai Buy
- 5 Repelish 3:56 Mogwai Buy
- 6 Master Card 3:57 Mogwai Buy
- 7 Deesh 5:33 Mogwai Buy
- 8 Blues Hour 6:17 Mogwai Buy
- 9 No Medicine for Regret 5:40 Mogwai Buy
- 10 The Lord Is Out Of Control 4:23 Mogwai Buy
- The Quiet Temple
- The Last Opium Den (On Earth) / Chicago (Leyland Kirby Remix)
- Point Of Departure
- Catalogue Number