- Limited to 50 copies
- + WAV (24-bit)
In stock, shipping now.
Recorded in 2010 and previously unreleased, ‘This Has No Longer Been the Future’ is in some ways a companion piece to Scrivin's 2007 album ‘Tomorrow’s World’, returning once more to the sounds and themes of the 1980s.
Opening with ‘Back in 1980’ and its chanted vocal mantra ("disco, Bowie clones, Blitz kids"), the six tracks progress through celebrations of Brutalist architecture (‘Science of the Concrete’) and a delicate synthetic ode to a childhood summer’s day at ‘Jodrell Bank’ before heading into darker territory with evocations of the Chernobyl disaster (Roentgens) and Cold War spy communications (Secretive Sequentials).
Digital Track List
- 1 Back in 1980 Neil Scrivin 4:35 Buy
- 2 Science of the Concrete Neil Scrivin 4:28 Buy
- 3 Tape Control Center Neil Scrivin 3:13 Buy
- 4 Jodrell Bank Neil Scrivin 3:03 Buy
- 5 Roentgens Neil Scrivin 6:00 Buy
- 6 Secretive Sequentials Neil Scrivin 6:01 Buy