Marcel Dettmann releases a new double solo EP on Ostgut Ton for the first time since 2013. ‘Test-File’, a testament to the producer’s eclectic music taste and ability to extemporize, is compiled of six tracks of differing genres and intentions. Although there are interesting elements in the roughness of ‘Ascending’ and its industrial textures, it isn’t until ‘Autumn77’ that Dettmann’s quirks and playfulness as a producer really begin to shine, with the contrast between the two tracks enhancing the latter’s speckled angelic groove. With sampled vocals and a melodic harmony to get involved with, the work has much more of a house-infused sound than ‘Test-File’, ‘Torch’ and ‘Error (1st Take)’, which are very much in line with Dettmann’s usual branch of Berghain endorsed minimalism.
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 Test-File 3:03 Marcel Dettmann Buy
- 2 Ascending 4:44 Marcel Dettmann Buy
- 3 Autumn77 4:50 Marcel Dettmann Buy
- 4 Torch 3:26 Marcel Dettmann Buy
- 5 Error (1st Take) 5:42 Marcel Dettmann Buy
- 6 Metalloid 5:47 Marcel Dettmann Buy