Fans of old school dubstep might remember the Subtext label for the two heavy-hitting Vex’d 12 inches that appeared way back in 2004. These were followed by a seven year hiatus from which emerged a slew of Emptyset and Roly Porter releases amongst others, showing a slightly new sound for the label. Barotrauma is a journey through brooding, monolithic recordings of Nordic fjords. The concept is perhaps nothing groundbreaking but the results are strong, providing a slow paced immersive deep sea dive which any ambient music or field recording enthusiast will appreciate.
CDOut of stock
- 1 Surface Detail 5:23 Eric Holm Buy
- 2 AH-5 7:30 Eric Holm Buy
- 3 Siebe 7:34 Eric Holm Buy
- 4 Enceladus 6:58 Eric Holm Buy
- 5 Nereus Vent 6:50 Eric Holm Buy
- 6 Column 37 7:05 Eric Holm Buy