Brian Eno proves he can still muster some of the old magic on The Shutov Assembly, originally released in 1992. Recorded during an early 90’s run that saw him laying down everything from electronica to pop, his work here most closely resembles his landmark Ambient series. Far from aimless drones, the pieces here continuously shift and change. Opener ‘Triennale’ interweaves feather-light synths and nature sounds, and on ‘Markgraph’, hazy electronics blanket the rich bass line. ‘Francisco’ calls to mind the eerie analogue experiments of the BBC Radiophonic Workshop, while the sweeping synth washes on ‘Stedeljik’ invoke your favourite sci-fi score, perhaps something by Vangelis. CD edition includes a second disc containing 7 completely unreleased recordings from Brian Eno archives, taken from the same period as The Shutov Assembly.
2CD (casebound w/ 16pp booklet)
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 Triennale 4:06 Brian Eno Buy
- 2 Alhondiga 3:17 Brian Eno Buy
- 3 Markgraph 3:41 Brian Eno Buy
- 4 Lanzarote 8:39 Brian Eno Buy
- 5 Francisco 4:45 Brian Eno Buy
- 6 Riverside 3:51 Brian Eno Buy
- 7 Innocenti 4:20 Brian Eno Buy
- 8 Stedelijk 5:29 Brian Eno Buy
- 9 Ikebukuro 16:08 Brian Eno Buy
- 10 Cavallino 3:05 Brian Eno Buy