More vital sounds from Liz Harris and her Grouper project. ‘The Man Who Died in his Boat’ isn’t strictly speaking new material, yet a collection of previously unreleased material recorded around the same time as 2008’s ‘Dragging a Dead Dear up a Hill’. Soft-focus, melancholic tides of sound and nocturnal drones that draw a line through a very personal space – one inspired by a chance encounter with the wreckage of a washed-up sailboat, and a sense of lineage that can be traced back to the dream-pop of the likes of the Cocteau Twins.
In stock. Shipping now.
Out of stock
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 6 1:49 Grouper Buy
- 2 Vital 4:14 Grouper Buy
- 3 Cloud in Places 4:05 Grouper Buy
- 4 Being Her Shadow 4:45 Grouper Buy
- 5 Cover the Long Way 4:05 Grouper Buy
- 6 Difference (Voices) 5:48 Grouper Buy
- 7 Vanishing Point 3:31 Grouper Buy
- 8 The Man Who Died in His Boat 5:01 Grouper Buy
- 9 Towers 5:19 Grouper Buy
- 10 STS 6:06 Grouper Buy
- 11 Living Room 2:22 Grouper Buy