After a handful of impressive EPs Jun Kamoda drops an eponymous album on Black Acre (Romare, Commodo). The Japanese producer’s decision to switch up his sound from hip-hop (he is a member of the Baleine 3000 trio) a couple of years back was one of the boldest artistic decisions of his career. On the evidence of this LP his gamble is paying off in spades. The nine tracks here are some of the freshest disco-house tunes to come out in years. Something about the way Kamoda mixes his samples just a little too high and makes his drums smack just a little too hard gives the likes of ‘Nightmare Club’ a feeling of psychedelic mania that proves infectious. As with Kamoda’s previous EPs this record features some lovely artwork by his wife Hisano.
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 Surreal Tongue In Northern Osaka 3:17 Jun Kamoda Buy
- 2 Nightmare Club 4:32 Jun Kamoda Buy
- 3 Crush 5:06 Jun Kamoda Buy
- 4 Hakoniwa Disco Strut 4:33 Jun Kamoda Buy
- 5 Mt. Woo 2:58 Jun Kamoda Buy
- 6 Gravity of Love 4:18 Jun Kamoda Buy
- 7 Blooming Blues.o0O 5:43 Jun Kamoda Buy
- 8 The Ruddy Sunset 3:54 Jun Kamoda Buy
- 9 No Rhyme Nation 3:39 Jun Kamoda Buy