London based blogosphere giants The Ransom Note drop their fifth release, coincidentally a five track remix EP featuring Glowing Palms (Ruf Kutz) and two original productions from Smagghe & Cross. The eight minute opener ‘Paradiso’ features Glasgow based studio engineer Emily Evans and David from local group Junto Club. It’s a haunting pop influenced club cut that is sure to pump out of a few festival systems this summer, drawing equal influence from 80s wave and mid 2000s tech house. ‘Talking to Katz’ is a slower affair, featuring some lovely vocals from Emily. The synth work takes its time to get going, eventually reaching its peak in a warm bubble bath of pulsating textures.
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 Paradiso 8:09 Smagghe & Cross feat. David Junto Club & Emily Evans Buy
- 2 Paradiso (Instrumental) 5:49 Smagghe & Cross Buy
- 3 Talking To Katz 8:06 Smagghe & Cross feat. David Junto Club & Emily Evans Buy
- 4 Talking To Katz (Glowing Palms Dub) 5:26 Smagghe & Cross Buy
- 5 Talking To Katz (Glowing Palms Vocal Remix) 5:29 Smagghe & Cross Buy
Smagghe & Cross
Experimental House and Techno
- Bad Tracking
- Clanger / May Day / October Remix / Giant Swan Remix
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- June 2018