Leading neoclassical label Erased Tapes offer a truly stunning album from Japanese, Berlin-based vibraphone player Masayoshi Fujita. Fujita had previously made ambient, electro-acoustic music under the name el fog, but became progressively more interested in using the vibraphone in its unprocessed form. Stories, his first album under his own name (released by dreamy Tokyo label flau in 2013) consisted of acoustic vibraphone compositions, and on new album Apalogues he expands his sound palette to include the violin, cello, flute, clarinet, and drums. Experiments with the physical properties of the vibraphone create unique-sounding ambience on tracks like ‘Moonlight’, and Fujita’s delicate, multi-layered arrangements create a warm, ethereal sound throughout.
Out of stock
- Limited Test Pressing
In stock. Shipping now.
This item is not in stock, but is available from our suppliers. Estimated shipping in 14 days.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 Tears of Unicorn 5:51 Masayoshi Fujita Buy
- 2 Moonlight 4:57 Masayoshi Fujita Buy
- 3 Swallow Flies High in the May Sky 5:01 Masayoshi Fujita Buy
- 4 Beautiful Shimmer 4:06 Masayoshi Fujita Buy
- 5 Flag 4:07 Masayoshi Fujita Buy
- 6 Knight and Spirit of Lake 6:46 Masayoshi Fujita Buy
- 7 Puppet's Strange Dream Circus Band 4:20 Masayoshi Fujita Buy
- 8 Requiem 4:42 Masayoshi Fujita Buy