After his grandiose cassette release Space Loops on No Corner in 2013, Birmingham-based producer Filter Dread resurfaces with his debut on Ramp. The glitchy aesthetic of the MIDI Space EP is a nod to the early technology used to produce rave tracks. With limited save functions and sampling space, the tracks were naturally restrained in terms of length: Filter Dread draws on this with his compact versions of dub-infused grime. Funnily pinging sound effects add a playfulness to ‘Clowns From Outer Space’ while sharp hi-hats cut through ‘Stolen Dub’ and flashy reverb fills up the spaces in between.
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 Clowns from Outer Space 3:19 Filter Dread Buy
- 2 Jungle Interlude 1:42 Filter Dread Buy
- 3 MIDI Fighter 3:13 Filter Dread Buy
- 4 Space Compartment 2:44 Filter Dread Buy
- 5 Stolen Dub 3:51 Filter Dread Buy
- 6 Trippy Patterns 2:29 Filter Dread Buy