Vinyl 1×LP, Special Edition$19.99Read More
- Hand-drilled and hand-numbered sleeves with full printed inner sleeve in a one-off vinyl pressing
The twenty-fourth - and final - issue in FatCat’s long-running and much-loved Split Series arrives on the 25th Anniversary of the Brighton-based label.
‘Split Series #24’ features acclaimed Canadian singer / composer Ian William Craig alongside the brilliant but little-known Estonian Kago - two artists each using their voice as a central element of their craft, mediated through technology to conjure startlingly singular soundworlds.
Neither side here will sound quite like anything you’ve previously heard. Ian William Craig provides a 19-minute-long immersive tape piece, with Kago delivering a warped, acid-tinged slice of Eastern European freak-folk to round off a killer release that fits the free-wheeling aesthetic of the Split Series perfectly.
Last ever release in FatCat’s long-running and much-hyped Split Series, described by NME as “a virtual academy of the abstract... [where] the shock troops of post-everything music gather” and by The 405 as having “left an indelible mark on the face of modern electronica.”
Digital Track List
- 1 Because It Speaks Ian William Craig 18:23 Buy
- 2 Kroosnomi Kago 2:40 Buy
- 3 Avovang Kago 1:38 Buy
- 4 Suure reede lapsed Kago 2:19 Buy
- 5 Leontiine Kirotosk Kago 2:22 Buy
- 6 Tetermats 2 Kago 1:52 Buy
- 7 Kaed lahti on ulga kergem soita Kago 3:34 Buy
- 8 Uued Vigikad Kago 1:58 Buy
- Ian William Craig - Because It Speaks
- Kago - Kröösnomi
- Kago - Avovang
- Kago - Suure reede lapsed
- Kago - Leontiine Kirotosk
- Kago - Tetermats 2
- Kago - Käed lahti on ulga kergem sõita
- Kago - Uued Vigikad