An Attempt To Draw Aside The Veil is the second collaborative LP between flute player Jozef Van Wissem and celebrated film director Jim Jarmusch to be released on Sacred Bones. The successor to 2012’s The Mystery Of Heaven finds the pair digging even deeper into the brutalised drones that have so often backboned their work. The manner in which Jarmusch draws an array of dark and portentous hums from his guitar is reminiscent of Sunn O)))’s doomy vistas. While Van Wissem’s lute at times rings loud and clear amid the mix, at other points it is folded in with Jarmusch’s monolithic soundscapes. An Attempt To Draw Aside The Veil is an eerie listen, but one worth getting to know.
- Pressed on brown marble vinyl
In stock. Shipping now.
Out of stock
- Pressed on black coloured vinyl
Estimated shipping in 7 days. This item is not in stock, but is available from our suppliers.
If there are any issues in fulfilling your order we will contact you immediately.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 Concerning the White Horse 9:46 Jozef Van Wissem and Jim Jarmusch
- 2 Dark Matter 2:59 Jozef Van Wissem and Jim Jarmusch
- 3 The Unclouded Day 6:30 Jozef Van Wissem and Jim Jarmusch
- 4 The Two Paths 5:39 Jozef Van Wissem and Jim Jarmusch
- 5 Lost Continent 2:55 Jozef Van Wissem and Jim Jarmusch
- 6 Final Initiation 5:28 Jozef Van Wissem and Jim Jarmusch
- 7 When the Sun Rises Do You Not See a Round Disc of Fire 4:46 Jozef Van Wissem and Jim Jarmusch