Released on the London label Berceuse Heroique alongside figures like Loefah, Duckett’s newest EP grapples with the loneliness of life as a producer and the isolation of creating music in a studio environment. The Eastern feel delivered by the chanting throughout ‘Magic Headlines Foul the Air’ seems to convey this sensation of solitude, as if the experience of creating an album might render the producer unsure of the physical space they inhabit. The sonic experience is complicated by the track’s acceleration and warped interruptions, as if during production something became unstuck in the space-time continuum. It seems fair to comment that the EP is split between the up-tempo numbers that compile the first half from ‘Rights’ down to ‘Millions and Millions of Palestinians’ and more contemplative tracks, marked by the arrival of ‘Magic Headlines’ before it fades into the outro song ‘Who Am I’.
- 1 Rights 5:11 Duckett Buy
- 2 The Way You Make Me Feel 4:33 Duckett Buy
- 3 Tension 5:29 Duckett Buy
- 4 Millions and Millions of Palastinions 6:11 Duckett Buy
- 5 Magic Headlines Foul the Air 6:10 Duckett Buy
- 6 Who Am I 3:46 Duckett Buy