Norwegian ambient pioneer Erik Wøllo has a compilation of formative pieces released by Smalltown Supersound. Sources (Early Works 1986-1992) contains a selection of tracks that Wøllo produced in the sessions for his albums Dreams Of Pyramids, Traces and Silver Beach. Inspired after seeing Klaus Schulze in concert, Wøllo created his music via minimal means - just a synthesiser and a two-/four-track recorder. He coaxes a wide array of tones from his equipment here. Some of the tracks recall the contemporaneous experiments of Eno and Cage while others look forward to dub techno as well as the Nordic disco of fellow Smalltown Supersound artists Bjørn Torske and Prins Thomas.
- + MP3
In stock, shipping now.
- + MP3
Stock on order, expected soon.
- 1 Blooming 4:00 Erik Wøllo Buy
- 2 Swamp Land 6:37 Erik Wøllo Buy
- 3 Soft Journey 4:18 Erik Wøllo Buy
- 4 Under Water 3:32 Erik Wøllo Buy
- 5 The Near Future 5:28 Erik Wøllo Buy
- 6 Big Sky 5:22 Erik Wøllo Buy
- 7 The Movie 5:43 Erik Wøllo Buy
- 8 Luftreise 5:00 Erik Wøllo Buy
- 9 Native Dance 4:13 Erik Wøllo Buy
- 10 Ody At Sea 3:38 Erik Wøllo Buy
- Prins Thomas
- Smalltown Supersound 25 (The Movement of Free Spirit Mixed by Prins Thomas)
- Smalltown Supersound
- Catalogue Number