The Tel Aviv psych-rockers return with their second LP, out via their own Garzen imprint. Yoking together psychedelia, desert rock and the groovier end of post-punk, Red Axes make a racket not unlike Goat. Furthermore, they combine sonic exploration with tight pop songwriting skills in a manner also much like the Swedish group. Tracks like ‘Tantram Power’ and ‘Cooked Banana’ blossom from freaky-deaky intros into sweet pop songs in the Grateful Dead mould. Elsewhere the rhythms take centre stage - check the motorik pulse of ‘Piper Work’. And on tracks like the helter-skelter ‘Talmood’, they’re not afraid to go full freakout.
In stock, shipping now.
Digital Track List
- 1 Ride The Sus Red Axes 3:38 Buy
- 2 Tantram Power Red Axes 4:32 Buy
- 3 What Is In Your Head Red Axes 3:01 Buy
- 4 Piper Work Red Axes 4:20 Buy
- 5 Tarzan Blues Red Axes / Eylonzo Crotch 3:23 Buy
- 6 Relaxation (For Your Mind And Body) Red Axes / Gabriel Broid 1:44 Buy
- 7 Cooked Banana Red Axes / Thomass Jackson / Inigo Vontier 3:58 Buy
- 8 Shlomit Red Axes 3:34 Buy
- 9 Loosen Red Axes 3:58 Buy
- 10 Shir1 Red Axes 4:08 Buy
- 11 Talmood Red Axes 4:19 Buy
- 12 Into Your Arms Red Axes / Adi Bronicki 2:29 Buy