The Tel Aviv psych-rockers return with their second LP, out via their own Garzen imprint. Yoking together psychedelia, desert rock and the groovier end of post-punk, Red Axes make a racket not unlike Goat. Furthermore, they combine sonic exploration with tight pop songwriting skills in a manner also much like the Swedish group. Tracks like ‘Tantram Power’ and ‘Cooked Banana’ blossom from freaky-deaky intros into sweet pop songs in the Grateful Dead mould. Elsewhere the rhythms take centre stage - check the motorik pulse of ‘Piper Work’. And on tracks like the helter-skelter ‘Talmood’, they’re not afraid to go full freakout.
In stock, shipping now.
WAV / FLAC$11.99
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 Ride The Sus 3:38 Red Axes Buy
- 2 Tantram Power 4:32 Red Axes Buy
- 3 What Is In Your Head 3:01 Red Axes Buy
- 4 Piper Work 4:20 Red Axes Buy
- 5 Tarzan Blues 3:23 Red Axes / Eylonzo Crotch Buy
- 6 Relaxation (For Your Mind And Body) 1:44 Red Axes / Gabriel Broid Buy
- 7 Cooked Banana 3:58 Red Axes / Thomass Jackson / Inigo Vontier Buy
- 8 Shlomit 3:34 Red Axes Buy
- 9 Loosen 3:58 Red Axes Buy
- 10 Shir1 4:08 Red Axes Buy
- 11 Talmood 4:19 Red Axes Buy
- 12 Into Your Arms 2:29 Red Axes / Adi Bronicki Buy