Istanbul based musician Cevdet Erek debuts on Subtext ahead of his appearance at this year’s Venice Biennale, and what a sublime debut it is. Fans of Okay Temiz listen up! Over the course of seven pieces, Erek conjures up all sorts of fantastical narratives with his superb Davul percussion kit, a treat for the ears if you like long and hypnotic drum solos (think Lori Vambe). His innovative and rigorously academic approach has seen Erek perform across the world as well as scoring works for cinema. The epic closer ‘Dicycles’ is one of the wildest percussion pieces we’ve heard in a long time. PS, also worth a look for fans of Erick Montgomery!
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 Heal 7:21 Cevdet Erek Buy
- 2 Flow 1 3:16 Cevdet Erek Buy
- 3 Flow 2 3:24 Cevdet Erek Buy
- 4 Prepare 5:20 Cevdet Erek Buy
- 5 Kirast 5:26 Cevdet Erek Buy
- 6 Walnut Interlude 4:42 Cevdet Erek Buy
- 7 Dicycles 7:52 Cevdet Erek Buy