Leyland Kirby should be a name familiar to anyone who dabbles in ambient leaning electronics, whether under one of his many aliases (VVM/The Caretaker et al) or under his adopted name. Back in 2009 when Sadly, The Future... first came out it was a remarkable thing, seemingly drawing influence from obscure Japanese 7”s (Yoran) as much as Twin Peaks or Gurdjieff. Minimal and haunting piano motifs dance around spectral delays and noise that seems to transcend what we take for granted in ‘ambient’ music. This much lauded album is now back on the shelves at a regular price, and we can guarantee they won’t hang around long.
- 1 When We Parted, My Heart Wanted To Die (Friedrichshain Memory) 2:00 Leyland Kirby
- 2 The Sound Of Music Vanishing 2:00 Leyland Kirby
- 3 The Beauty Of The Impending Tragedy Of My Existence 2:00 Leyland Kirby
- 4 And As I Sat Beside You I Felt The Great Sadness That Day 2:00 Leyland Kirby
- 5 Tonight Is The Last Night Of The World 2:00 Leyland Kirby
- 6 To The Place Between The Twilight & The Dawn 2:00 Leyland Kirby