"Straight Edge XXS" is the 2nd album by Finland's Uton released in a It comes in a gorgeous full-colour collage sleeve assembled by Hirvonen himself. While Finnsih underground eccentric Uton (one man project of Jani Hirvonen's ) last Dekorder album "Alitaju Ylimina" was a hazy lo-fi drone masterpiece for the most part, this is a completely different affair.
Recorded straight to tape within one month, right after returning from a 6-month trip to India, these songs (if you could call them songs) are completely out-of-this-world; very short and crazed sketch-like pieces sounding like a Nonesuch Explorer LP of long lost field recordings from an as yet unexplored continent.
Well, it is all that and more. It is pure ecstatic expression channelized through Psychedelia, Free Jazz, Noise and rural ancient Folk Music from all over the world in a completely naked, predominantly acoustic setting. One of the purest forms of music you could imagine; while all the familiar Uton elements remain evident in a hazy backcloth.
- 1 Straight Edge XXS 01 Uton 1:21
- 2 Straight Edge XXS 02 Uton 1:01
- 3 Straight Edge XXS 03 Uton 1:32
- 4 Straight Edge XXS 04 Uton 1:15
- 5 Straight Edge XXS 05 Uton 1:34
- 6 Straight Edge XXS 06 Uton 1:01
- 7 Straight Edge XXS 07 Uton 1:18
- 8 Straight Edge XXS 08 Uton 1:03
- 9 Straight Edge XXS 09 Uton 1:10
- 10 Straight Edge XXS 10 Uton 1:09