‘In England Now, Underwater’ is the second LP from Cremation Lily to find its way into the hands of Alter, the UK imprint belonging to the experimental musician Helm. Operating as an aural collage and diary tracking the winter experiences of Cremation Lily (the primary moniker of Zen Zsigo), the sound artist uses tape manipulation against periods of drone, noise and ambient sound to accurately replicate the poignancy and depression of a deluged winter in the UK. Continuing from the artist’s roots as an industrial producer, Lily’s latest work handles the fragile mental space between hope and melancholy, presenting us with a reality in which only considered details have been touchingly enhanced. Stitching together spoken word vocals and understated piano passages, 303 basslines and violin, Cremation Lily extends to listeners his gentle, moving and somewhat introspective take on the world.
Stock on order, expected soon.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 In England Now, Underwater 2:57 Cremation Lily Buy
- 2 Washed Through Glass 4:21 Cremation Lily Buy
- 3 Radiance And Instability 4:27 Cremation Lily Buy
- 4 Leniency 1:14 Cremation Lily Buy
- 5 Rusted Red 5:13 Cremation Lily Buy
- 6 Outlined Expanse 4:56 Cremation Lily Buy
- 7 The City & The Sea 2:03 Cremation Lily Buy
- 8 As A Sea Creature Might Watch From An Aquarium 5:58 Cremation Lily Buy
- 9 Feminine Listening 4:35 Cremation Lily Buy
- 10 Immaculacy 1:50 Cremation Lily Buy