The ever-interesting Denovali Records bring us the first collaborative EP from Berlin musicians Subheim and Monolog. Conviction broods and snarls, with drum tracks buried in murky bass and fizzing electronics. Anyone familiar with Subheim’s previous releases via Denovali will find the same grandiosity and tension in tracks like ‘Wone’ and ‘Make Stones Cry’, two cuts that see dubstep-tinged drums lope into view out of a swamp of electronics. Monolog’s contribution here appears to be to push things further down the rabbit hole than Subheim has previously dared go - just see ‘Benedict’, a disorienting whirl of distorted synthesisers, processed found sound and glitchy drums.
- Subheim & Monolog
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- February 2017
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 Wone 5:28 Subheim & Monolog Buy
- 2 Benedict 5:52 Subheim & Monolog Buy
- 3 Sumo Rimi 4:08 Subheim & Monolog Buy
- 4 Make Stones Cry 4:36 Subheim & Monolog Buy
- 5 Colourful Flight 3:42 Subheim & Monolog Buy