Last year, Bleep started a project to explore the musical underground - a seemingly infinite amount of talented music makers yet to be discovered.
Bleep alongside partners Warp Records, SoundCloud, and Transition Mastering Studios, reviewed over 4,000 demo tracks to get to this stage...
Included in the final release is 10 tracks (plus 2 bonus tracks only available on Bleep) - filtered and hand-picked especially for this compilation, spanning the length and breadth of the many sub-genres that make up electronic music today.
From the textured ambience of Hugo Frederick’s opening track, ‘Paper + Felt’, to the electro-bashment drum patterns of Corticyte’s ‘Impulse 101’, the glitchy rhythmic geometry of S_P_A_C_E_S’ ‘Apologies’, right through to the acoustic berimbau and heavily percussive compositions of imagineAM’s, ‘Slang’. It remains a diverse and fascinating insight into the new wave of yet-to-be discovered producers that the international electronic underground is comprised of.
READ MORE ABOUT THE FILTERED PROJECT
Digital Track List
- 1 Paper & Felt Hugo Frederick 3:55 Buy
- 2 Apologies S_P_A_C_E_S 5:21 Buy
- 3 Impulse 101 Corticyte 6:00 Buy
- 4 Slang imagineIAM 3:12 Buy
- 5 Rubber Dinghy Rapids Decibels 4:30 Buy
- 6 Move Gidi 5:26 Buy
- 7 Fairy Ring Fungi Goeserr 5:30 Buy
- 8 Beetroot Beat Octavcat 4:07 Buy
- 9 Incisor Oddlogic 3:15 Buy
- 10 Happy Jazz Super Magic Hats 3:37 Buy
- 11 Why Don't You (Bonus Track) Syndicate 3:32 Buy
- 12 LC (Bonus Track) Fist of the First Man 2:25 Buy
- Various Artists
- Japanese Ambient / Environmental Music Essential Bundle
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- June 26, 2020