These recordings were made by Geir Jenssen [aka 'Biosphere'] while climbing 'Cho Oyu' in Tibet in September and October 2001. Cho Oyu is the sixth highest mountain in the world at 8201m, situated in the Himalayas near Mount Everest, on the Tibetan/Nepalese border. This album may be regarded as the soundtrack to the film of this journey. This CD also contains some of the source material for his recent Biosphere album, 'dropsonde' [Touch 2006].
Geir Jenssen is better known as Biosphere, who has released five albums on Touch over the last ten years. His most recent, 'dropsonde', has been called 'mesmerizing' by Straight No Chaser [UK], 'gorgeous' [Word, UK] and 'sublime' [Urb, USA]. More information on Biosphere and Geir Jenssen's other work may be found on his website [www.biosphere.no].
Ash International recently celebrated the label's 13th anniversary with showcases in Sweden featuring many of the label's artist roster. More information can be found on the label's new website which has been designed by Philip Marshall: www.ashinternational.com
Digital Track List
- 1 Zhangmu: Crossing a Landslide Area 4:25 Buy
- 2 Tingri: The Last Truck 5:23 Buy
- 3 Jobo Rabzang 2:55 Buy
- 4 Chinese Base Camp: Near a Stone Shelter 4:28 Buy
- 5 Palung: A Yak Caravan Is Coming 4:56 Buy
- 6 Cho Oyu Basecamp: Morning 8:34 Buy
- 7 Nangpa La: Birds Feeding on Biscuits 5:09 Buy
- 8 Camp 1: Himalayan Nightflight 2:38 Buy
- 9 Camp 1.5: Mountain Upon Mountain 1:35 Buy
- 10 Camp 2: World Music on the Radio 3:25 Buy
- 11 Camp 3: Neighbours on Oxygen 2:16 Buy
- 12 Summit 2:31 Buy