El Wali’s Tiris LP may not be well known by many in Europe, but in West Africa the 1994 record is seen to be a definitive piece of Sahrawi music. The Sahrawi are an ethnic group in the western Sahara, and their political folk style is the precursor to the Tuareg blues music that has informed or driven many of Sahel Sounds’ other releases. After an eight-year search, Sahel Sounds and the Sahrawi-run Badawi Archives present their reissue of Tiris, an album of synthesiser music and desert blues flushed with the rhetoric of freedom.
In stock, shipping now.
Digital Track List
- 1 10 of May El Wali 4:31 Buy
- 2 The People of El Aaiún El Wali 3:41 Buy
- 3 20 of May El Wali 6:02 Buy
- 4 Long Live the Sahrawi Army El Wali 2:40 Buy
- 5 Song for the Prophet El Wali 3:33 Buy
- 6 Youth of the Nation El Wali 3:38 Buy
- 7 Let Me Know Our Past El Wali 4:23 Buy
- 8 Brave People El Wali 3:14 Buy
- 9 The Day of the Free Nation El Wali 3:59 Buy
- 10 I Sing for the Country El Wali 6:00 Buy
- 11 Dreams and Nostalgia El Wali 4:20 Buy
- 12 Charm and Beauty El Wali 5:25 Buy
- 13 Sing for the Nation Day El Wali 4:41 Buy