After some impressive EPs for Do Not Sleep and DFA, producer Perel drops her debut LP via the latter. Hermetica - named after ancient Egyptian-Greek texts which teach the reader about the cosmos, nature and the divine - is a record of smoky, melodic techno numbers which also bear the influence of Krautrock, darkwave and synth-pop. Tracks like ‘Projekt 3’ and ‘Pastarella al Limoncello’ are tense slow-burners which lean on the techno sound of her native Berlin. Elsewhere ‘Alles’ and ‘Myalgia’ show off a Eurythmics/Human League influence, due in no small part to Perel’s evocative vocals. Anyone who enjoyed the lead cut from last year’s Die Dimension EP will be pleased to note that it resurfaces as the closing track here.
Out of Stock
- Heavyweight black double vinyl with picture sleeves and digital download code.
Out of Stock
- CD format includes two extra tracks: ‘Pastarella Al Limoncello (Massimiliano Pagliara Remix)’ and ‘Die Dimension (Jayda G Remix)’.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 Projekt 3 6:30 Perel Buy
- 2 Pastarella Al Limoncello 6:04 Perel Buy
- 3 Si 3:26 Perel Buy
- 4 Alles 6:07 Perel Buy
- 5 PMS 3:18 Perel Buy
- 6 Signum Viridi 4:25 Perel Buy
- 7 Myalgia 7:02 Perel Buy
- 8 Crocus Vernus 3:13 Perel Buy
- 9 Die Dimension 6:53 Perel Buy