An album of drums and drones from Berlin-based artist Arik Hayut here. Anyone familiar with Hayut’s work in the doom-tech duo Gainstage will find plenty more to sink their teeth into on The Prophet’s Blood Is Boiling. On Arikon, Hayut employs a plethora of samples, tuned percussion and both electronic and acoustic instruments to supplement his nimble, muscular drumming. When brought together, they create a powerful sound reminiscent of everyone from Tool to Death Grips to Autechre. Tracks like ‘City Cum Temple’ and ‘Saday Imadi’ are brute-force beat workouts augmented with half-life synths, while entries ‘Shadow Of Leviathan’ and ‘Tanin Gadol’ lean heavier on the ‘drone’ element of Hayut’s manifesto.
- Includes download code redeemable from the label
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 City Cum Temple 4:45 Arikon Buy
- 2 Shadow of Leviathan 3:54 Arikon Buy
- 3 Tanin Gadol 5:40 Arikon Buy
- 4 The Prophet's Blood Is Boiling 3:16 Arikon Buy
- 5 Homs Shayat 4:34 Arikon Buy
- 6 Saday Imadi 3:47 Arikon Buy
- 7 Nahash Akalaton 4:09 Arikon Buy
- 8 Idle Worship 7:05 Arikon Buy