- 3 LP + 4 CD box set comes packaged in Ampex Studio style cardboard tape box
- Includes Cotton Eyed Joe and Green Rocky Road remasters on vinyl and CD, a CD of unreleased home recordings
- Also comes with 52 page book with scans of Karen Dalton Personal Archives (writings, photographs, memos), disclosed here for the first time
- Large T-Shirt
- Includes code for digital download
Stock on order, expected soon.
"All the informality of someone thinking aloud, which suits her signature vocals perfectly. In overdubbing, she seems to consider tempos and time signatures almost as restricting as a real studio. A particularly personal statement, a career marker"
"Like a lost book of the Old Testament. Less like a folk record and more like a warp in the space-time continuum. The most beautiful and harrowing album you'll hear this year. The results are startling. Her rendering of "Katie Cruel" on In My Own Time has been hailed as definitive but she improves it here. Bewitching." "Proving her masterly command of both the material and the audience" "Using her uncluttered fingerpicking and keening phrasing to a reimagine a pair of lesser known Ray Charles numbers to devastating effect" "Sounds great. The set captures a side of Dalton that her original releases never could. Such a personal statement it's far more challenging"
"An invaluable treasure" Pitchfork 8/10
- Various Artists
- Voices of Mississippi: Artists and Musicians Documented by William Ferris
- Catalogue Number
- DTD 053DI
- Release Date
- November 2018