- Deluxe Edition with print
- Photograph by Chris McClean
- Hahnemühle Pearl Paper 12” square print
Bundle, 1×LPOut of stock
Vinyl, 1×LPOut of stock
- + MP3
CJ Mirra gets pulled under the tide of State 51 for STATIC (Original Surf Soundtracks, Vol.1) plunging the melancholic wistfulness of his previous recordings for Colour8 into the deepest depths of the cold water surf of which the album's inspiration and influence were drawn.
Each one of these pieces has been lifted from CJ's extensive work over the past half-decade scoring surf films. Much like the waves this music soundtracked, the flow of STATIC drifts from calming ambient passages with CJ's lost at sea piano notes floating across the shimmering bed of synths. Yet throughout each track, the momentum builds into vast tides that arise and fold in on themselves with all the crushing intensity of the fiercest waves imaginable.
Taking place across the coasts of Iceland, Ireland, Scotland and The Faroes, STATIC act as both a soundtrack to those hours spent within the aqua, yet also perfectly capture the somewhat sorrowful edge that is presented as an ever-present unspoken moment during those solo mission. Picture the lone surfer out on the edge of the water, completely cut off from the land and caught in perfect clarity between impending moments of chaos and calmness, STATIC is a near perfect audio transcript of that flight or fight intensity and submerged clarity.
Fans of Eno's The Ship and Jon Hopkins and King Creosote's Diamond Mine will find much to enjoy here, incredible work.
Digital Track List
- 1 Destroy Us / Headache OST CJ Mirra 9:59 Buy
- 2 The Lost Weekend Act I CJ Mirra 1:20 Buy
- 3 The Lost Weekend Act II CJ Mirra 1:57 Buy
- 4 The Lost Weekend Act III CJ Mirra 2:54 Buy
- 5 Hydrogogic Rock CJ Mirra 2:21 Buy
- 6 Niewlandia CJ Mirra 1:30 Buy
- 7 Edges of Sanity CJ Mirra feat. Charles Dance 7:12 Buy
- 8 Forest Liquid Light (Live) CJ Mirra 5:01 Buy
- 9 In Search of Silence CJ Mirra 3:46 Buy
- 10 Everglade Parade CJ Mirra 3:53 Buy