Super cool compilation of early Chinese opera songs, folkloric stylings and more from some of the golden era artists of China’s 78rpm record industry. Mei Lan Fang, Bai Ju Rong, Fukien Opera etc grace this first outing from Fire Sheep, kicking the label off in a fine ethnographic style. Just be warned, if pristine sound quality is what you’re after then these scratchy old transfers might not be the ticket. However, if you’d like to own a pretty definitive collection of these impossibly rare recordings then don’t hesitate. 250 Copies only.
- Limited to 250 copies
Estimated shipping in 7 days. This item is not in stock, but is available from our suppliers.
If there are any issues in fulfilling your order we will contact you immediately.
- 1 Ba Hwang Gia Bei (Emperor Ba Hwang Bid Farewell To His Concubine) [Pathe35165a] 1:00 Mei Lan Fang
- 2 Teochew Opera (Tiger1048d) 1:00 Zhong Zheng Shun Xiang Ban
- 3 Cantonese Recording (Hindenburg V241) 1:00 Xia Hong Xin
- 4 Clipper1016a 1:00 Bai Ju Rong
- 5 Regal5002c 1:00 Fukien Opera
- 6 Oriental 5028a 1:00 Bai Ju Rong
- 7 Teochew Opera (Pagoda V3912A) 1:00 Old Choy Bo Fung Troupe
- 8 Columbia57700G 1:00 Cantonese Opera
- 9 Tio Mou Seng Tong Sok (Man Trapped In Snow) [Odeon227136a] 1:00 Lao Gek Chuong Hiang
- 10 Instrumental (Ai-Guo (Patriotism) 5318a) 1:00 Amoy Opera From Fujian
- 11 Romantic Song & Buddha Sutra (Golden STar 526D) 1:00 Ho Fei Fan & Fong Yim Fun
- 12 General Zhao Zi Long, On Horseback, Saves His Master All By Himself (Num Sing2003C) 1:00 Lai Chui Hsa & Li Yan Ping
- Various Artists
- Two Niles to Sing a Melody: The Violins & Synths of Sudan
- Ostinato Records
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- September 2018