- Stock due 5th April 2018
In stock, shipping now.
The Streets debut album Original Pirate Material made available on vinyl for the first time since its original release 2002, a timeless mix of 2-step garage realism that stands alongside Dizzee Rascal's Boy In Da Corner, Burial's Untrue & Massive Attack's Blue Lines as an important milestone within the urban music continuum.
From its iconic cover photo “Towering Inferno” by German artist and photographer Rut Blees Luxemburg to its tales of geezers fighting each other in takeaways, smoking lots of dope, being skint and memories of taking really strong/good ecstasy. Original Pirate Material still to this day stands up as a near perfect blend of the darker strains of the 2-step sound and the chart pop it's lighter side always reached out for.
A total classic and finally recut to vinyl after too many years demanding big bucks second hand by the lucky few who scored a copy first time around.
- 1 Turn the Page 3:15 The Streets
- 2 Has It Come to This? 4:04 The Streets
- 3 Let's Push Things Forward 3:51 The Streets
- 4 Sharp Darts 1:33 The Streets
- 5 Same Old Thing 3:22 The Streets
- 6 Geezers Need Excitement 3:46 The Streets
- 7 It's Too Late 4:10 The Streets
- 8 Too Much Brandy 3:02 The Streets
- 9 Don't Mug Yourself 2:39 The Streets
- 10 Who Got the Funk? 1:50 The Streets
- 11 The Irony of It All 3:30 The Streets
- 12 Weak Become Heroes 5:33 The Streets
- 13 Who Dares Wins 0:34 The Streets
- 14 Stay Positive 6:15 The Streets