Paul Rose takes time out from being Scuba and running Hotflush to drop the first LP under his SCB moniker. A kind of darkside re-rendering of what he does in Scuba, SCB’s music tends towards grainy techno and sci-fi dystopia. Caibu guts the Scuba sound and leaves the bare essentials behind - 808s, 303s, a threadbare array of synths and samplers. The result is a record of hypnotic, unsettling minimal techno bangers. Opener ‘Test Tubes (Caibu Adjustment)’ recalls Ricardo Villalobos’ long, mournful remix of Shackleton’s ‘Blood On My Hands’. Elsewhere entries like ‘Extinct’ and ‘Freedom For The Fifty’ bring to mind a slasher-flick KiNK.
In stock, shipping now.
Digital Track List
- 1 Test Tubes SCB (Scuba) 6:42 Buy
- 2 Bone SCB (Scuba) 4:30 Buy
- 3 Manufactured Consent SCB (Scuba) 6:28 Buy
- 4 The Cut SCB (Scuba) 4:25 Buy
- 5 Freedom for the Fifty SCB (Scuba) 6:09 Buy
- 6 Extinct SCB (Scuba) 7:11 Buy
- 7 Laboratory Conditions SCB (Scuba) 3:11 Buy
- 8 Five Degrees SCB (Scuba) 6:34 Buy
- 9 Opposition Division SCB (Scuba) 5:32 Buy
- 10 Intelligence Fetish SCB (Scuba) 3:52 Buy
- 11 Caibu SCB (Scuba) 7:24 Buy
- 12 Into Consciousness SCB (Scuba) 4:51 Buy
Dancefloor and Techno