Laurie Pitt, Richard McMaster and James Stephen Wright follow on their performance for the CCA’s Radiophrenia programme with a new LP of avant-garde sonics on Powell’s Diagonal label. Super frantic synth work and dour, monotone vocals from Wright combine to make up the distinct sound of TMI. There are slight similarities to two thirds of the groups work in Golden Teacher but this is far colder and more dystopian. ‘Quicksilver Lips’ delivers the records fiercest moment, Wright reciting some sort of twisted manifesto over ear piercing modulations and processed noise.
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 IV Cheeks 2:45 The Modern Institute Buy
- 2 Limitless Light 3:11 The Modern Institute Buy
- 3 Quicksilver Lips 4:03 The Modern Institute Buy
- 4 Unbreakable Pulse 2:22 The Modern Institute Buy
- 5 Molten Gold 3:03 The Modern Institute Buy
- 6 Dozen Cocktails 5:23 The Modern Institute Buy
The Modern Institute
- NHK yx Koyxen / Kohei Matsunaga & Masayuki Imanishi
- Self Split EP
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- November 2018