The latest new talent to emerge from London’s resurgent jazz scene is the keyboard-bothering Joe Armon-Jones. A founding member of the celebrated Ezra Collective, Armon-Jones proves himself a dab hand at band leading on his debut solo LP. Starting Today - a record which features other young upstarts like Moses Boyd and Nubya Garcia - evinces an artist rooted in the solid foundations of jazz, yet also willing to incorporate new styles and timbres in a manner reminiscent of Shabaka Hutchings and the aforementioned Boyd. Tracks like ‘London’s Face’ hum with the energy of Brownswood’s funkier releases, while ‘Almost Went Too Far’ is a smooth-as-silk jam that also shows off Armon-Jones’s prodigious keys chops.
Out of Stock
Estimated shipping in 7 days. This item is not in stock, but is available from our suppliers.
If there are any issues in fulfilling your order we will contact you immediately.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 Starting Today 9:02 Joe Armon-Jones Buy
- 2 Almost Went Too Far 5:38 Joe Armon-Jones Buy
- 3 Mollison Dub 7:09 Joe Armon-Jones Buy
- 4 London's Face 9:48 Joe Armon-Jones Buy
- 5 Ragify 9:49 Joe Armon-Jones Buy
- 6 Outro (Fornow) 1:23 Joe Armon-Jones Buy
- Various Artists
- Soul Jazz Records Presents SOUL OF A NATION: Jazz is the Teacher, Funk is the Preacher - Afro-Centric Jazz, Street Funk and the Roots of Rap in the Black Power Era 1969-75
- Soul Jazz Records
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- November 2018