- New non-gatefold version
Stock on order, expected soon.
The latest new talent to emerge from London’s resurgent jazz scene is the keyboard-bothering Joe Armon-Jones. A founding member of the celebrated Ezra Collective, Armon-Jones proves himself a dab hand at band leading on his debut solo LP. Starting Today - a record which features other young upstarts like Moses Boyd and Nubya Garcia - evinces an artist rooted in the solid foundations of jazz, yet also willing to incorporate new styles and timbres in a manner reminiscent of Shabaka Hutchings and the aforementioned Boyd. Tracks like ‘London’s Face’ hum with the energy of Brownswood’s funkier releases, while ‘Almost Went Too Far’ is a smooth-as-silk jam that also shows off Armon-Jones’s prodigious keys chops.
Digital Track List
- 1 Starting Today Joe Armon-Jones 9:02 Buy
- 2 Almost Went Too Far Joe Armon-Jones 5:38 Buy
- 3 Mollison Dub Joe Armon-Jones 7:09 Buy
- 4 London's Face Joe Armon-Jones 9:48 Buy
- 5 Ragify Joe Armon-Jones 9:49 Buy
- 6 Outro (Fornow) Joe Armon-Jones 1:23 Buy
- Daymé Arocena, Jorge Luis Lagarza Pérez, José Carlos Sánchez, Marcos Morales Valdés, Rafael Aldama Chiroles
- Brownswood Recordings
- Catalogue Number