The latest new talent to emerge from London’s resurgent jazz scene is the keyboard-bothering Joe Armon-Jones. A founding member of the celebrated Ezra Collective, Armon-Jones proves himself a dab hand at band leading on his debut solo LP. Starting Today - a record which features other young upstarts like Moses Boyd and Nubya Garcia - evinces an artist rooted in the solid foundations of jazz, yet also willing to incorporate new styles and timbres in a manner reminiscent of Shabaka Hutchings and the aforementioned Boyd. Tracks like ‘London’s Face’ hum with the energy of Brownswood’s funkier releases, while ‘Almost Went Too Far’ is a smooth-as-silk jam that also shows off Armon-Jones’s prodigious keys chops.
In stock. Shipping now.
This item is not in stock, but is available from our suppliers. Estimated shipping in 14 days.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 Starting Today 9:02 Joe Armon-Jones Buy
- 2 Almost Went Too Far 5:38 Joe Armon-Jones Buy
- 3 Mollison Dub 7:09 Joe Armon-Jones Buy
- 4 London's Face 9:48 Joe Armon-Jones Buy
- 5 Ragify 9:49 Joe Armon-Jones Buy
- 6 Outro (Fornow) 1:23 Joe Armon-Jones Buy
- Soul Jazz Records present Horace Tapscott with the Pan-Afrikan Peoples Arkestra
- Horace Tapscott with the Pan-Afrikan Peoples Arkestra Live At I.U.C.C.
- Soul Jazz Records
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- March 2019