Four remixes of originals from Karen Gwyer’s brain-bending 2017 LP Rembo here. The producers take to the task of reworking some of 2017’s most idiosyncratic and unusual techno cuts with relish here. Case in point - Via App’s going over of ‘The Workers Are On Strike’. While the original was a breathless and brilliant oddball, it looks positively tame in comparison to VA’s combination of seasick keyboards and machine-malfunction percussion. Ron Morelli steadies the ship with a focussed, potent version of ‘He’s Been Teaching Me To Drive’. The B-side offers E Myers’s hyperactive remix of ‘It’s Not Worth The Bother’ before closing on a cautious, long-spun reworking of ‘Why Does Your Father Look So Nervous?’ from M/R.
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 The Workers Are on Strike (Via App Remix) 5:29 Karen Gwyer Buy
- 2 He's Been Teaching Me to Drive (Ron Morelli Remix) 5:52 Karen Gwyer Buy
- 3 It's Not Worth the Bother (E. Myers Remix) 5:18 Karen Gwyer Buy
- 4 Why Does Your Father Look so Nervous (M/R Remix) 7:42 Karen Gwyer Buy
- Various Artists
- Flowers From The Ashes: Contemporary Italian Electronic Music
- Stroboscopic Artefacts
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- April 2018