Brownswood take the temperature of London’s contemporary jazz scene with this compilation, and the reading comes back very hot indeed. The nine tracks of We Out Here demonstrate the breadth of the city’s young talent and the way they are blurring boundaries and pushing British jazz in exciting new directions. While the set is curated by Sons of Kemet/The Comet Is Coming lynchpin Shabaka Hutchings - a player who contributes the modal exploration of ‘Black Skin, Black Masks’ - the compilation largely focuses on musicians less established than Hutchings. As such we get vital takes from future stars like Moses Boyd and Joe Armon-Jones.
Out of Stock
Estimated shipping in 7 days. This item is not in stock, but is available from our suppliers.
If there are any issues in fulfilling your order we will contact you immediately.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 Inside the Acorn 5:57 Maisha Buy
- 2 Pure Shade 6:33 Ezra Collective Buy
- 3 Sirens 5:44 Moses Boyd Ensemble Buy
- 4 Brockley 3:36 Theon Cross Buy
- 5 Once 5:28 Nubya Garcia Buy
- 6 Black Skin, Black Masks 7:03 Shabaka Hutchings Buy
- 7 Walls 5:26 Triforce Buy
- 8 Go See 7:43 Joe Armon-Jones Buy
- 9 Abusey Junction 7:09 Kokoroko Buy
- Various Artists
- Voices of Mississippi: Artists and Musicians Documented by William Ferris
- Catalogue Number
- DTD 053DI
- Release Date
- November 2018