J. G. Biberkopf’s Ecologies series was one of the more exciting developments in the sonic arts over the past couple of years. Biberkopf’s emotionally dense soundscapes played with time and form and garnered him a spot on the Kuedo/Joe Shakespeare imprint Knives. A year on from Ecologies II and he drops a mini album on Danse Noire. As with those records, Fountain of Meaning takes many of the weighty theses that are always part of the Biberkopf practice - wrestling with the canon, the city-square fountain as architectural erotica etc - and translates them into beautiful audio theatre. ‘Delirium’, for instance, is choral church music as if suspended in amber. There is Eno and Cage in here, but also Holly Herndon and Elysia Crampton.
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 Lake Symphony 2:27 J.G. Biberkopf Buy
- 2 Multiecstasis 3:03 J.G. Biberkopf Buy
- 3 Delirium 2:58 J.G. Biberkopf Buy
- 4 The Illusion of Solidity 2:50 J.G. Biberkopf Buy
- 5 Dance of Relating 3:32 J.G. Biberkopf Buy
- Soundwalk Collective
- Jean Luc Godard - Ricardo Villalobos / Jan Jelinek Remixes
- The Vinyl Factory
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- May 2018