- 5 albums over 5 discs inc. 9 unreleased tracks
- Housed in a rigid slipcase with 24 page booklet
- Sleevenotes by Steve Barker (On The Wire)
Box Set, 5×CD$38.99
- + MP3
In stock, shipping now.
Forming out of the roots 'n' future of Creation Rebel, Dub Syndicate peddled a decidedly more experimental ambient angle than the On-U crew had previously pushed forward. Following on from the extensive African Head Charge reissue series, On-U Sound shine a light on one of the labels most interesting projects, Dub Syndicate.
The Pounding System (1982)
The Pounding System (Ambience In Dub) is one of the lesser known but utterly crucial releases from the mighty early 80s dub cannon. Originally releases in 1982, The Pounding System (Ambience In Dub) perfectly sums up the project's ethos, pounding rhythms that resonate within the deepest channels of consciousness. A true testament to the boundary-pushing approach of the group and On-U Sound as an entity.
One Way System (1983)
One Way System steps further into the realms of spiky post-punk experimentation than perhaps any other On-U LP. Originally released in 1983 as a cassette-only pressing on the ROIR imprint (home to releases from artists such as Bad Brains, Suicide & The Contortions. It's presented here in a double vinyl pressing, cut ar 45 rpm for extra weight. The unmissable action from the Syndicate. that dabbles in rather severe experimentation.
North Of The River Thames (1984) w/ Dr Pablo
North Of The River Thames not only has one of the very greatest record sleeves ever made (perfectly complimented by the album's title we might add) but is also possibly the definitive Dub syndicate recording. Produced in conjunction with Doctor Pablo, it's hauntological approach weaved a truly spooky element into the echo chamber, while also including a rather stoned rendition of the Doctor Who theme.
Tunes From The Missing Channel (1985)
Originally released in 1984, Tunes From The Missing Channel features some of the most otherworldly sounds to float out of the Dub Syndicate studio. Notable for featuring guest spots from fellow dub legend Jah Wobble and his fellow PiL member Keith Levene (also of The Clash). Excavate and resonate.
Displaced Masters (9 unreleased versions)
Following on from the extensive African Head Charge reissue series, On-U Sound shine a light on one of the labels most interesting projects, Dub Syndicate. Forming out of the roots 'n' future of Creation Rebel, Dub Syndicate peddled a decidedly more experimental ambient angle than the On-U crew had previously pushed forward.
Freshly remastered and cut to the format that suits them best, each LP arrives with an insert featuring sleevenotes by Steve Barker (On The Wire). Ambience In Dub 1982 - 1985 Vinyl Bundle includes:
- The Pounding System 1 x LP
- One Way System 2 x LP
- North Of The River Thames 1 x LP
- Tunes From The Missing Channel 1 x LP
- Displaced Masters 1 x LP
- 1 Man of Mystery Doctor Pablo & The Dub Syndicate 5:49
- 2 Dr Who? Doctor Pablo & The Dub Syndicate 5:04
- 3 Pressurized Doctor Pablo & The Dub Syndicate 3:50
- 4 Money Dealers (feat. Bim Sherman) Dub Syndicate 5:39
- 5 Socca Dub Syndicate 4:46
- 6 Overloader Dub Syndicate 5:03
- 7 Drilling Equipment Dub Syndicate 5:29
- 8 Pounding System Dub Syndicate 5:19
- 9 Hi-Fi Gets a Pounding pts. 1 & 2 Dub Syndicate 5:30
- 10 "African Head Charge" - Don't Care About Space Invader Machines Pts. 1 & 2 Dub Syndicate 6:42
- 11 Ravi Shankar Part 1 Dub Syndicate 3:41
- 12 The Show is Coming Dub Syndicate 4:50
- 13 Must Be Dreaming Dub Syndicate 4:26
- Lee "Scratch" Perry
- The Upsetter Meets Jahtari In The Secret Laboratory
- On-U Sound
- Catalogue Number
Dub, Reggae and Dancehall