One of Bristol's best-kept secret's Maximum Joy get a much-needed reevaluation on Silent Street, a new imprint set up by the minds behind two of our favorite labels, Blackest Ever Black and Idle Hands. Originally released between 1981-82, I Can't Stand It Here On Quiet Nights captures the group at the pinnacle of their collective powers. Channelling dub, disco, punk, funk and early hip-hop into some of most mesmerizing singles to emerge from the vibrant early 80's post-punk scene.
- 1 Silent Street / Silent Dub 2:00 Maximum Joy
- 2 White & Green Place (Extraterrestrial Mix) 2:00 Maximum Joy
- 3 In The Air (12" Mix) 1:59 Maximum Joy
- 4 Building Bridges / Building Dub 2:00 Maximum Joy
- 5 Simmer Til Done 2:00 Maximum Joy
- 6 Stretch (7" Mix) 2:00 Maximum Joy
- 7 Do It Today 2:00 Maximum Joy