The Ibeyi sisters look to repeat the trick that made their eponymous 2015 LP such a runaway smash. The formula of that record - clip-clop beats, neat harmonising and clean r&b songwriting - is largely stuck to on Ash. Ibeyi’s singular trick is to make good use of space in a manner similar to James Blake, and the tension rought by the pockets of silence on tracks like ‘Waves’ and ‘Transmission/Michaelion’ draw you into this intimate album. They pick their collaborators carefully here, and each track with a feature is characterised by a meeting of styles. Kamasi Washington’s saxophone chorus adds weight to ‘Deathless’, while the Maia Rodriguez joint ‘Me Voy’ is a cool slice of reggaeton ‘n b.
- Housed in special foldout sleeve
In stock. Shipping now.
Estimated shipping in 7 days. This item is not in stock, but is available from our suppliers.
If there are any issues in fulfilling your order we will contact you immediately.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 I Carried This for Years 1:34 Ibeyi Buy
- 2 Away Away 2:59 Ibeyi Buy
- 3 Deathless 3:11 Ibeyi (feat. Kamasi Washington) Buy
- 4 I Wanna Be Like You 2:37 Ibeyi Buy
- 5 No Man Is Big Enough for My Arms 2:26 Ibeyi Buy
- 6 Valé 3:26 Ibeyi Buy
- 7 Waves 3:14 Ibeyi Buy
- 8 Transmission/Michaelion 6:30 Ibeyi (feat. Meshell Ndegeocello) Buy
- 9 Me Voy 3:07 Ibeyi (feat. Mala Rodriguez) Buy
- 10 When Will I Learn 3:00 Ibeyi (feat. Chilly Gonzales) Buy
- 11 Numb 3:47 Ibeyi Buy
- 12 Ash 3:48 Ibeyi Buy