Best-known for his time as the guitarist in experimental rockers MONO, Takaakira ‘Taka’ Goto has sought to plough a new furrow with his latest project, Behind The Shadow Drops. Harmonic is a collaboration with producer/percussionist John McEintire (Yo La Tengo, Tortoise), and the LP treats the sounds of techno and electronica with the widescreen aesthetics of post-rock. The likes of ‘Positive Shadow, Neutral Light’, for instance, play propulsive modulars off of gigantic drum fills and Taka’s thick, ethereal guitar lines. His guitar occupies a similar space to that of a singer throughout Harmonic, and this gamble pays off due to Taka’s expressive playing style. Out via Temporary Residence.
- Behind the Shadow Drops
- H a r m o n i c
- Temporary Residence Ltd.
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- September 2017
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 The End of Daydreams 3:49 Behind the Shadow Drops Buy
- 2 Trace of Snow Waltz 9:55 Behind the Shadow Drops Buy
- 3 Utopia 7:20 Behind the Shadow Drops Buy
- 4 Positive Shadow, Negative Light 5:00 Behind the Shadow Drops Buy
- 5 Sonata 3:10 Behind the Shadow Drops Buy
- 6 H a r m o n i c 6:57 Behind the Shadow Drops Buy
- 7 Ether 4:17 Behind the Shadow Drops Buy
- 8 Warm Light 4:23 Behind the Shadow Drops Buy
- 9 Utopia (Reprise) 5:08 Behind the Shadow Drops Buy