In stock, shipping now.
First new material in quite some time from Gerry Read, landing back on Ramp following dalliances with Clone, Timetable and Aus.
Shaking up his usual style, New Junk City rattles and rumbles together a collection of disjointed and disarming house trax that sound like some of Beau Wanzers best gear for L.I.E.S. but if it had been smashed with a sledgehammer and taped back together.
Following his ‘Chubby Cheeks’ album for Nosaj Thing’s Timetable Records, Gerry is back with his new album, ‘New Junk City’ for RAMP Recordings.
Musically, the Suffolk based outsider-house poster boy has withdrawn from the Ghetto-influenced sound of ‘Chubby Cheeks’, to more musical territory, sounding like the next step from his debut album ‘Jummy’, keeping the jazzy samples, and adding layers of dusty synths and rolling drums.
Digital Track List
- 1 Crisis Gerry Read 3:43 Buy
- 2 Bounty Methods Gerry Read 4:10 Buy
- 3 Peanut Gerry Read 5:28 Buy
- 4 RIPINSMLEYR Gerry Read 2:58 Buy
- 5 Frankly Gerry Read 5:42 Buy
- 6 Man from the Moon Came Down Too Soon Gerry Read 5:40 Buy
- 7 New Junk City Gerry Read 6:17 Buy