Originally released back in 2009 in a tiny run on Kirby’s own label, part three to his ‘Sadly,... ‘ series just happened to contain some of the composer's most heart-wrenching moments. Positively dripping in melancholy, the music of Leyland Kirby occupies that strange realm of nostalgia-tinged drones and delicate piano/string works, the end result sounding as if the whole thing was recorded underwater. Just check out ‘We All Won That Day, Sunshine’ if you aren’t already familiar! Firm recommendation for fans of Daniel Lentz, William Basinski, Stars of the Lid et al. This is music that never gets old.
- 1 Memories Live Longer Than Dreams 8:37 Leyland Kirby
- 2 Dont Sleep I'm Not What I Seem, I'm A Very Quiet Storm 13:18 Leyland Kirby
- 3 A Longing To Be Absorbed For A While Into A Different And Beautiful World 13:21 Leyland Kirby
- 4 Days In The Wilderness 4:17 Leyland Kirby
- 5 Stralauer Peninsula 16:57 Leyland Kirby
- 6 We All Won That Day Sunshine 12:45 Leyland Kirby
- 7 And At Dawn Armed With Glowing Patience We Will Enter The Cities Of Glory Stripped 10:47 Leyland Kirby